Issues: Public Lands
From red rock country to the canyons of the Wasatch Mountains, Utah is blessed with some of the world’s most breathtaking natural wonders. We’re proud of our natural resources and should continue to be the premier recreation destination for people around the globe. Public lands are central to what makes Utah different, and they’re a big part of what makes us great.
As someone who lives and farms just outside federal land, Spencer knows that Utahns love and appreciate their public lands more than anyone else. Unfortunately, today’s D.C.-based, top-down management approach fails to adequately reflect the views and input of the people who actually live here.
Spencer supports a re-examination of policy to ensure our lands are managed responsibly and that the interests of all stakeholders are considered fairly. As governor, Spencer is committed to keeping Utah’s public lands public—and will take steps to involve our citizens in the creation and implementation of public lands policies.
- Rebuild the Economy
- Transform Our Education System
- Stand by our 2nd Amendment rights
- Restore Utah’s Values of Civility and Service
- Defend the Constitution
- Support and Strengthen Utah’s Families
- Return Power to State Governments
- Make Corporate Tax Incentives Work Harder for Us
- Create the Right Kinds of Jobs
- Protect the Right to life
- Give Rural Utah a Voice
- Make our state work better for taxpayers