Issues: Taxes and Efficient Government
Spencer is a fiscal conservative who knows Utah can’t tax its way to prosperity. Taxes need to be as low as possible to fund the services needed for a dynamic, caring and prosperous society. We need to redesign our state tax code with an emphasis on reducing complexity—and avoid picking winners and losers. As governor, Spencer will push for a limited but effective government that spends wisely and avoids overreaching and wasteful spending.
Over the last ten years, Utah has reduced the size of government from one state employee for every 127 Utahns in 2009, to one state employee for every 155 Utahns in 2018–saving Utahns more than $2 billion during this time. As governor, Spencer will continue the same frugal and efficient management of state government.
A new administration is the perfect opportunity to reevaluate and find ways to make state government work even better for Utah taxpayers.
- Rebuild the Economy
- Transform Our Education System
- Stand by our 2nd Amendment rights
- Restore Utah’s Values of Civility and Service
- Defend the Constitution
- Support and Strengthen Utah’s Families
- Return Power to State Governments
- Make Corporate Tax Incentives Work Harder for Us
- Create the Right Kinds of Jobs
- Manage Utah’s Public Lands Fairly
- Protect the Right to life
- Give Rural Utah a Voice